This National Services Te Paerangi workshop is in collaboration with ATTTO - Aviation Tourism & Travel Training Organisation - and will assist ATTTO trainees and museum staff to understand the role of Maori in museums.
This will cover:
ATTTO Unit Standard: 20545 Demonstrate knowledge of Maori in museums
Day 1: (9am – 4pm) Maori in Museums workshop
- The responsibilities and obligations of museums in regards to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Contemporary Maori social structures and concepts and how these impact on museum practice
- How Maori cultural customs can be woven into museum customer service
- How Maori cultural customs can be woven into collection services, processes and public programmes
Day 2: Assessment of above unit standard. Attendance only required by those enrolled as an ATTTO trainee.
Who will I meet?
- Kylie Ngaropo is Iwi Development Manager for National Services Te Paerangi. Kylie has iwi affiliations to Te Rarawa, Tūhoe, Ngāti Porou and Ngāti Kahungunu iwi. Kylie is an ATTTO assessor and through her work with iwi and communities across New Zealand has supported them through the provision of strategic and practical advice and training to care for taonga in their museums and tribal regions.
- You will also meet other museum personnel in your region – a great networking opportunity!
Who is it for?
- This is an introductory level workshop which gives ATTTO trainees and representatives from small museums, art galleries, heritage organisations, the arts and cultural sector, iwi organisations a great opportunity to learn more about the role of Maori in museums.
- NB: If you are completing the ATTTO assessment on day two, you will need to be familiar with the content and concepts in the unit workbook before attending this session.
How do I sign up?
- Register online by clicking the registration button below
- If you have any queries, please contact National Services Te Paerangi - email@example.com or freephone: 0508 NSTP HELP (0508 678 743).
- Please register by Friday 9 November 2012
- The workshop is free to attend.
What else do I need to know?
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes
- Bring your lunch (morning & afternoon tea will be provided)
- Please be aware that your photo may be taken during the workshop, and photos may be used for National Services Te Paerangi purposes
- If you are being assessed for this unit standard, you will be required to complete some pre-course work (details will be emailed to participants on registration). It is also recommended that you come to the assessment having completed the tasks in your workbook.
- We are currently experiencing problems with online registration. If the button below doesn't work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll.