Mitigating risk to collections
Monday 19 March
, 9.30am - 4.30pm
Voyager NZ Maritime Museum, Corner Quay and Hobson Streets, Viaduct Harbour
$50 pay on the day
We are pleased to bring you this workshop with the generous support of EQC.
This will cover:
- Understanding risk and risk management
- Using the international standard
- Knowing your operating context
- Establishing your risk framework
- Assessing risks
- Treating risks – including mitigation
- Cost benefit of risk treatments
- Specific risk mitigations for collections
- Communicate, consult, monitor and review
- Benefits of using risk management
- References for further information, including mention of Waller and Michalski’s methods
Who will I meet?
- Vicki Humphrey, Head of Conservation at the National Museum of Australia. Vicki has worked in heritage conservation for over 25 years. After completing her training in Library and Archive Conservation at Camberwell School of Art and Crafts in Britain, Vicki set up a conservation unit at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. After this, she moved to Artlab Australia, a South Australian Government conservation service provider, where she headed the book, paper, and photographic conservation programmes and coordinated Artlab’s preventive conservation training programmes. In 2003, Vicki became the Head of Conservation at the British Library. Since leaving Britain, Vicki has provided consultancy services to a number of organisations, including the National Library of New Zealand and the Alexander Turnbull Library. In 2011, Vicki took up the role of Head of Conservation at the National Museum of Australia, and became the Vice President of the Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Material (AICCM). She has an International Certificate in Risk Management from Britain and runs workshops on risk management for collecting organisations.
- You will also meet other museum personnel in your region – a great networking opportunity!
Who is it for?
- This is an advanced level workshop which gives representatives from museums, art galleries, heritage organisations, the arts and cultural sector, iwi organisations a great opportunity to learn more about risk mitigation in a museum context.
How do I sign up?
- Please contact National Services Te Paerangi on firstname.lastname@example.org or freephone: 0508 NSTP HELP (0508 678 743). Please register by Monday 12 March 2012.
- The cost of this workshop is $50 to be paid on the day.
What else do I need to know?
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes
- Bring your lunch (morning & afternoon tea will be provided)
- Please be aware that your photo may be taken during the workshop, and photos may be used for National Services Te Paerangi purposes.