Mounting Textiles for Display
Monday 20 October 2014
, 10am – 4pm
Hinetitama Meeting Room, Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, Cable Street
$20 pay on the day
Please note this workshop is now fully booked.
A National Services Te Paerangi workshop for representatives from museums, art galleries and iwi organisations who want to learn more about mounting textiles for display at an introductory level.
This workshop will cover:
- Considerations when choosing textiles to display
- Identifying risks through condition reporting
- Examples of easy display techniques
- A choice of hands-on activities including hat display, shoe support, small flat textiles and larger textiles display
- Opportunity to ask Te Papa textiles conservators about textiles in your collection.
Who will I meet?
- Anne Peranteau and Rachael Collinge are Textiles Conservators at Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa.
- You will also meet other museum personnel in your region – a great networking opportunity!
Who is it for?
- This is an introductory level workshop which gives representatives from museums, art galleries and iwi organisations the opportunity to learn, share ideas and ask more about display of textiles
- Limited places are available and may be restricted to two per organisation depending on demand.
How do I sign up?
- This workshop is now fully booked. To be placed on the waiting list please register your details through the registration button below
- If you have any questions, please contact National Services Te Paerangi - email@example.com or freephone: 0508 NSTP HELP (0508 678 743)
- The cost of this workshop is $20 to be paid on the day
What else do I need to know?
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes
- Bring your lunch (morning & afternoon tea will be provided)
Please be aware that your photo may be taken during the workshop, and photos may be used for National Services Te Paerangi purposes.