Te Reo/Tikanga Māori workshop
Thursday 30 August 2012
Free to attend
National Services Te Paerangi is pleased to offer this workshop, giving those working within small museums, art galleries and heritage organisations a special opportunity to become comfortable at an introductory level in Te Reo and Tikanga Māori, Māori language and its protocols).
The aim of the workshop is to provide a relaxed and safe environment in which participants can start to become familiar with:
- Te Reo pronunciation
- basic Business Te Reo
- introducing yourself appropriately in Te Reo Māori
This will be of great advantage in an ever increasingly bicultural environment that the museum sector fosters.
There will also be a chance for follow up workshops for more time to explore Te Reo/Tikanga.
Who will I meet?
- Joan Costello, Kaiako Māori at Te Papa, and freelance Te Reo Māori tutor and group leader. Joan has over 30 years experience as an educator, and for 13 years been specialising in teaching Te Reo Māori to individuals in both private and public sectors.
Who is it for?
- For people working, volunteering or studying within the museum and gallery sector.The workshop is ideal for people with limited or no knowledge of Māori language and its tikanga (protocol) with the flexibility to incorporate the interest and specific needs of the group.
How do I sign up?
- Register online by clicking the registration button below.
- If you have any questions, contact National Services Te Paerangi - firstname.lastname@example.org freephone: 0508 NSTP HELP (0508 678 743).
- Numbers are limited to 20 people so get in quick!
- Meeting place for the workshop: Te Papa staff entrance(entrance is to the right of the underground carpark)