We regret to advise that this workshop is now fully booked. You may still register your details below to be placed on the waiting list.
A joint National Services Te Paerangi/Interpretation Network New Zealand workshop giving representatives from small museums, art galleries, heritage organisations, the arts and cultural sector, and iwi organisations the opportunity to learn more about writing for the web at an introductory level.
This will cover:
- Principles of interpretive writing
- Principles of good web writing
- Content meets design
- Writing with images and website architecture
- Social media
- Good /Bad examples: an opportunity to review your own site
Who will I meet?
- Liz Grant is a professional writer, editor, tutor, project manager, and filmmaker. She was the leader of the Te Papa writing team before becoming a freelancer.
- Ashley E. Remer has been writing for the web just about since it began. She has spent over 15 years in the museum field and is the founder and head girl of Girl Museum, a totally virtual museum.
- You will also meet other museum and interpretation personnel in your region – a great networking opportunity!
Who is it for?
- Do you write for your museum or organisation’s website? Would you like to improve your skills or understanding of the principles of web writing?
- This is an introductory level workshop which gives representatives from small museums, art galleries, parks, heritage and iwi organisations the opportunity to learn and ask questions about best practices in website writing.
How do I sign up?
or freephone: 0508 NSTP HELP (0508 678 743). Please register by Friday 22 February 2013 to ensure a place on this workshop.
- Please note: this workshop is now fully booked. If you would like to be added to the waiting list you can still register your interest by clicking the registration button below.
- If you have any questions, please contact National Services Te Paerangi - email@example.com
- The cost of this workshop is $50 to be paid on the day.
What else do I need to know?
- Please bring a laptop if you have one. If not, please bring print outs of your website to discuss.
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes.
- Bring your lunch (morning & afternoon tea will be provided).
- Please be aware that your photo may be taken during the workshop, and photos may be used for National Services Te Paerangi/Interpretation Network New Zealand purposes.