Purpose of the Helping Hands Grant
A Helping Hands Grant is about helping your organisation to do its job. This grant can be used to obtain materials, services, and information for the organisation as a whole or to support specific projects.
We welcome applications from small, non-profit organisations that have limited funding.
Want to know more?
How much funding can you apply for?
Applications are welcome for any amount up to a maximum of $1,500, including GST. An organisation can make only one application per financial year. The financial year runs from 1 July to 30 June, with a cut-off date for applications of 30 April.
Applications will be considered at any time during the application period.
Who is eligible?
This grant aims to help museums, galleries, and iwi groups that rely solely, or in part, on volunteers to operate and do not receive substantial operational funding from local government.
Activities we support
- the purchase of conservation materials (gloves, acid free boxes, etc)
- paying fees (but not salaries) for professional advice on a range of museum matters (exhibition design, interpretation, conservation advice, etc)
- addressing issues raised when undertaking the New Zealand Museums Standards Scheme (improving collection care etc)
- paying for the services of trades people (lighting experts, plumbers, builders, etc)
- rental fees (for a dehumidifier, television for an exhibition, etc)
- the development of marketing materials (brochures etc)
- costs associated with pest extermination and fumigation
- the purchase of construction materials (paint, wood, tools, etc)
- repair costs for office equipment.
Activities we don't support
- We don't support the purchase of capital items (any item that lasts longer than 12 months and costs more than $500, excluding GST). This includes dehumidifiers, photocopiers, computers, and other equipment.
- National and international travel for professional development is not covered by this grant, although support to attend training opportunities is available through the Travel Subsidy and Professional Development Grants.
- We don't provide funding for items which have already been purchased or projects already completed.
- Items or projects which do not adhere to current museum best practice
For further information or to discuss your project, call us at freephone 0508 678 743 prior to completing your application form.
How do you apply?
Please download and complete the application form below. Send it, together with your supporting documentation, to:
Helping Hands Grant
National Services Te Paerangi
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
P O Box 467
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Helping Hands Grant application form (DOC, 90kB)
Download a printable version of the Helping Hands Grant criteria (PDF, 190kB)
Please don’t post or email your application to a particular staff member. (In the absence of the named staff member, your application would be delayed.)
Acknowledgement of National Services Te Paerangi
Grant recipients are required to acknowledge the support of National Services Te Paerangi. For example, you could include acknowledgement in your newsletter or on your website.
Any publicity materials directly funded by the Helping Hands Grant must include acknowledgement of National Services Te Paerangi. The National Services Te Paerangi logo and guidelines for use will be provided to you. We will need to view and approve proofs of publicity materials before they are printed.
How will your application be assessed?
Your application will be assessed by National Services Te Paerangi staff including one of our Development Officers.
You will be advised of the outcome within fifteen working days of our receiving your application.
All decisions made by the assessment panel are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
How is payment made?
Approved Helping Hands Grant funds can only be paid to your organisation once final costs have been confirmed.
Please provide National Services Te Paerangi with an invoice from your organisation, accompanied by any supporting invoices or receipts from suppliers. Note that we require an invoice directly from your organisation. We are unable to pay direct to suppliers.