Meet the Art Curators
Sun 7, Sun 14, & 21 Sep,
Vodafone Centre, Level 3
Three lectures: Friends $35, guests $45. Individual
lecture: Friends $15, guests $20 (includes glass of wine and parking)
Talk; Special; Friends
Meet Te Papa’s art curators, hear about their work, and ask them your questions – all over a glass of wine on three Sunday afternoons in September.
- How are the art curators’ roles defined?
- What are their areas of expertise?
- How do they approach their work?
- What are their particular passions?
Sun 7 Sep: Sarah Farrar and Mark Stocker
- Sarah Farrar: Re-mix: Creative Uses of Art Collections by Artists, Curators and Museums
- Mark Stocker: A Window into the Soul: Neo-Romanticism
Sun 14 Sep: Lissa Mitchell, Athol McCredie, and Justine Olsen
- Lissa Mitchell: Ongoing Moments – Collecting Historical Photography
- Athol McCredie: Life Was Their Subject – New Zealand Personal Documentary Photography 1965–75
- Justine Olsen: Unpacking John Crichton – From Collecting to Exhibiting
Sun 21 Sep: Rebecca Rice and Megan Tamati-Quennell
- Rebecca Rice: Lindauer’s Māori at Home and Abroad
- Megan Tamati-Quennell: Unsettling the Line – The Relationship between Customary and Contemporary Māori Art
Using our online booking form, email email@example.com or phone the Friends office on (04) 381 7051.
As a Friend, you'll enjoy exclusive exhibition previews, discounts, special events - and more.
Find out about the Friends of Te Papa or subscribe to our Open Eyes eNewsletter