Portable dental chair
circa 1950, Maker unknown, New Zealand. Gift of the Wellington School Dental Service Training School, Department of Health, 1994. Te Papa
This dental chair can be dismantled and packed down into a carry case.
Not all New Zealand schools had a permanent dental clinic, even after the first Labour Government (1935–49) expanded dental services in the 1930s and 40s. Those without clinics relied on visits from dental nurses, who brought their equipment with them.