Long term exhibition
10am–6pm every day, and until 9pm on Thursdays
Read parking information.
Read Te Papa’s conditions of entry.
FAQ – frequently asked questions
- Is there an entry charge for Slice of Heaven?
No, entry to Slice of Heaven is free.
- How long is the exhibition on at Te Papa, and is Wellington the only New Zealand destination?
Slice of Heaven is a long-term exhibition and will be open for some years from 2 October 2010. Wellington is the only New Zealand destination.
- Where can I find out about ongoing events related to Slice of Heaven?
See the events calendar.
Alternatively, collect the monthly printed events brochure from the Te Papa Entrance or the Information Desk on Level 2.
- An elderly person or person with disabilities is coming with me to the exhibition. Do you cater to their needs?
Seating is provided in the exhibition, and wheelchairs can be booked through Coats, Bags on Level 1. We also offer a mobility scooter from the Information Desk on Level 2.
Read more about facilities for people with disabilities.
- Does Slice of Heaven have an audio guide?
Yes, the exhibition audio guide is part of the wider Te Papa audio guide. You can get one for $5 from the Information Desk on Level 2.
Don’t miss our Slice of Heaven events – floortalks from history curators, storytelling, poetry, and more.
See the events programme.
Teachers and schools
Find out about our education programmes and free teacher preview.