It has been two years since our last event at the Canadian High Commission and so we are delighted to bring you the news of our next glamour fundraising event. The British High Commissioner, HE George Fergusson, and his wife, Margaret, are to be our hosts for an evening function on Friday, 16 October at Homewood, their official residence in Karori, from 6.00 to 8.00pm.
Tickets are available at $50 for Friends and $60 for guests of Friends.
This year we are raising money for a gift to the Maori collection which will be displayed as part of the upcoming Pounamu exhibition. It is a bonus that the Fergussons have their own collection of Pounamu and so they will share our appreciation of its beauty and heritage.
Our two previous fundraisers have been held to support the gifting to Te Papa of Spring in the Foothills by Rata Lovell-Smith to the Art Collection now on display in Toi Te Papa Art of the Nation and to the Pacific Collection winning garments from the 2005 Westfield Style Pasifika. See one these dresses Bambi goes to Siva by James Leuii.
It is our intention to contribute pieces that Te Papa staff have identified as of importance to the integrity of a collection and we plan to be able to gift to each collection in due course.
All of our previous fundraiser events have been extremely successful with some missing out on tickets. This year we are restricting the numbers but those who are unable to come will be able to contribute to the fund by buying raffle tickets in the weeks leading up to the event. If you would like to join us at Homewood for this event, you can contact us in the office by
Our raffle prizes offer three unique chances to get away from home routine for a short stay.
- Bed and Breakfast in the luxury of the Museum Hotel with a $200 voucher to be used for dinner at the hotel.
- Three nights accommodation for up to six people at a fully equipped Taupo Lakeside Holiday Home.
- Bed and Breakfast at the Booklovers B&B in Mount Victoria.
Each prize is accompanied with a themed hamper from Kirkcaldie and Staines.
Raffle tickets are $10 each. You can purchase a raffle ticket even if you are unable to attend. Contact us in the office by
Become a Friend of Te Papa
This fundraising event is for Friends and their guests only.
If you would like to become a Friends of Te Papa
- Join now using the online membership form
- Phone the office (04) 381 7051
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address and we will send you an application form
- You can join in person at the Information Desk, Level 2 in Te Papa