Handling and Packaging Museum Objects - cancelled
18 October 2013
, 9:00am – 4.30pm
Education Room, Te Manawa, 326 Main Street
, Wanganui / Manawatu
$20 pay on the day
Please note this workshop has been rescheduled and will now take place on 4 November 2013.
A National Services Te Paerangi workshop giving representatives from small museums, art galleries and iwi organisations the opportunity to learn more about safe handling and packaging of museum objects at an introductory level.
This workshop will explore:
- Safe materials to use for packing and storing museum objects
- Guidelines for handling and moving objects within the museum
- Preparing a workspace for working with museum objects
- Considerations for safe packaging including fragile objects, large works and photographs
- Labelling and identification of packed museum objects
- Nesting objects and creating custom boxes
Who will I meet?
- Trish Nugent–Lyne is Collection Manager at Whanganui Regional Museum, where she manages a large collection with an emphasis on Whanganui social and natural history. She has advised many small museum and historical societies in the Whanganui, Rangitikei, Taranaki and Bay of Plenty on physical and database collection management procedures and collection care.
- You will also meet other museum personnel in your region – a great networking opportunity!
Who is it for?
- This is an introductory level workshop which gives representatives from museums, art galleries and iwi organisations the opportunity to learn, share ideas and ask more about object handling and packaging.
- Limited places are available and may be restricted to two per organisation depending on demand.
How do I sign up?
- Please note this workshop date has moved to 4 November 2013. You can book on the rescheduled workshop date by following this link.