About The New Zealand Art Activity Book
The New Zealand Art Activity Book is packed full of art works, art activities, and creative challenges.
Within its pages you can solve an art mystery, make a lei, design a treasure box, go on a bug hunt, and make a flying sculpture. You will learn about colours, shapes, perspective, and different styles of art, as well as how to design a tīvaevae, make a print and paint kōwhaiwhai or painted scroll patterns.
This book is also your own personal art collection. Fifteen New Zealand artists have gifted an artwork or art activity to this book, especially for you.
When you add your own drawings and paintings, you will have created a unique art collection that you and your whānau or family can keep and treasure.
This book has been written and developed by Helen Lloyd, Gallery Educator at City Gallery Wellington, in consultation with Sarah Farrar, Senior Curator Art at Te Papa.
Terms and conditions
- You may submit up to two entries per person. They must be your own work.
- Please post them to Competition - Te Papa Press, PO Box 467, Wellington. To arrive before November 29. Or you can hand-deliver them to the Te Papa shop.
- Entries must include your full name and contact phone number and email.
- Entries must include your age so we can judge you within your age group category.
- Entries will be judged by Te Papa and may be featured on Te Papa’s publicity, digital channels and social media accounts relating to the competition.
- Your winning entry will not be reproduced in any way besides that described above, distributed or sold.
- Entries will be judged on December 11 2017 and the winners notified within a week of that date.