Awesome Forces – primary education visitNgā Au Kukume – he toronga kura tuatahi
Delve into the inner workings of our amazing planet – from the inner core to earthquakes and volcanoes here at the surface. Available Term 4, 2016.
- Learning areas and strands Science – Planet Earth and Beyond; Nature of Science
- Education type Education visit
- Duration 60 minutes
- Suitable for Year levels 3–8
- Next available Term 4 - 2016
- Cost $6.50 per student (teachers and parent helpers go free)
The education programme
Guided by our educators, your primary school students will:
discover the forces that shape the landscape of AotearoaAotearoa New Zealand
piece together the puzzle of plate tectonics
carry out hands-on investigations into why we experience earthquakes and volcanoes
work out the best way we can prepare ourselves for earthquakes now.
To make a booking or discuss your visit options contact:
Phone: (04) 381 7443