Explore digital identity using innovative technologies at Te Papa. This is a collaborative programme with City Gallery.
- Learning areas and strands English, Visual Arts, Technology
- Education type Education visit
- Duration 60 minutes at City Gallery Wellington, 60 minutes at Te Papa
- Suitable for Years 7–13
- Next available Term 1, 2017. The programme takes place on Mondays and Fridays, at 10am–12.30pm or 12 noon–2.30pm.
- Cost $6.50 per student. Free for teachers and parent helpers
What does a portrait tell us about a person? And how do we manipulate images of ourselves to tell different stories?
This multi-site programme begins at the Cindy Sherman photography exhibition at City Gallery, where students discuss characters and constructed identities.
Then, at Te Papa, students explore the museum’s collections online, and use innovative technologies to create a digital collage that features their own face.
The collaboration with City Gallery runs until 19 March 2017. After this date, the digital workshop continues at Te Papa.
Spaces are limited, so book now for Term 1 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org