100 Years of Kiwi Kids – primary education visit100 tau o ngā Punua Kiwi– he toronga kura tuatahi
Explore Slice of Heaven: 20th Century Aotearoa and uncover key moments that shaped the lives of young people in New Zealand. Available Term 4, 2016.
- Learning areas and strands Social Sciences – Identity, Culture and Organisation; Place and Environment; Continuity and Change
- Education type Education visit
- Duration 60 minutes
- Suitable for Year levels 4–8
- Next available Term 4 - 2016
- Cost $6.50 per student (teachers and parent helpers go free)
The education programme
Guided by our educators, your primary school students will find out what life was like for young people in 1900s AotearoaAotearoa New Zealand. Students will:
- consider some of the defining events of the 20th century and their impact on young people
- find out when and why social programmes such as Plunket and the School Dental Service were created
- touch objects from Te Papa’s handling collection, including ‘everyday’ objects that have changed dramatically or are no longer used
- explore how technology has changed.
To make a booking or discuss your visit options contact:
Phone: (04) 381 7443