Bug Lab – primary education visit Te Aitanga-a-Pepeke – he toronga kura tuatahi
Through beauty, brains, and bio-inspiration, discover how bugs have inspired human innovations.
- Learning areas and strands Science, Technology, English
- Education type Education visit
- Duration 60 minutes
- Suitable for Years 3–8
- Next available Term 1 – 2017
- Cost $6.50 per student (teachers and parent helpers go free)
The education programme
Guided by our educators, your primary school students will:
- investigate the diversity of insects, and how animals like the orchid mantis use their appearance to survive
- Discover how bugs are inspiring innovations in technology. For example, dragonflies have influenced micro air vehicles
- discuss how humans can affect the survival of insects such as mosquitoes.
To make a booking or discuss your visit options contact:
Phone: (04) 381 7443