Pacific Arts – primary education visitToi Moana – he toronga kura tuatahi
Explore a variety of Pacific arts and create an artwork inspired by what you’ve seen. Available Term 3, 2016.
- Learning areas and strands The Arts – Understanding the Arts in Context; Developing Practical Knowledge; Developing Ideas; Communicating and Interpreting. Social Sciences – Identity, Culture and Organisation; Continuity and Change
- Duration 60 minutes
- Suitable for Year levels 1–8
- Next available Term 3 - 2016
- Cost $6.50 per student (teachers and parent helpers go free)
The education programme
Guided by our educators, your primary school students will:
- experience Te Papa’s magnificent collection of Pacific art
- understand the special significance of the arts in Pacific cultures
- see how contemporary artists are inspired by cultural traditions
- sketch your favourite Pacific Art designs and take these back to school to create your own tapatapa bark cloth and tīvaevaetīvaevae quilt-making inspired masterpiece.
To make a booking or discuss your visit options contact:
Phone: (04) 381 7443