During the session student you will:
- explore our exhibition Tangata o le Moana: The story of Pacific people in New Zealand
- understand why pacific people came to New Zealand, the vessel the travelled in, the materials they used and the tools that helped them navigate the Pacific Ocean
- learn how people are reviving the practice of building vaka to sail the Pacific
- create their own vaka using digital and non-digital methods
- see a vaka up close in virtual reality
Please note, an educator will be in touch with you prior to your visit to understand how we can best tailor this program to suit your class and their learning needs.