Te Tiriti o Waitangi: Our Treaty – secondary education visit
Learn about the main principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, and why it’s still important today.
- Learning areas and strands Social Sciences – Identity, Culture and Organisation; Place and Environment; Continuity and Change
- Education type Education visit
- Duration 60 minutes
- Suitable for Year levels 9–10
- Next available Available
- Cost $6.50 per student (teachers and parent helpers go free)
The education programme
Guided by our educators, your secondary school students will:
- explore circumstances surrounding New Zealand prior to te Tiriti o Waitangi's creation
- learn about the causes and effects of breaches to te Tiriti o Waitangi
- consider how the Treaty lives on today.
To make a booking or discuss your visit options contact:
Phone: (04) 381 7443