Best Practice for Disaster Management
A seminar on best practice procedures to mitigate and prevent damage to your collections in the event of a disaster.
- When Fri 9 Jun 2017, 9:00am–4:30pm
Christchurch Art Gallery
- Cost $75
The seminar will include:
- Greg Flaws – How the Fire Service will react in the event of a fire at your institution or what damage may occur in the fighting of a fire.
- Gina Irish, Registrar Christchurch Art Gallery – Talk TBC
- Julie Humby, Curator Ara Institute and Olivia Pitts Painting Conservator – Treating Artworks exposed to ABE fire extinguisher powder.
- Rick Pearson, Architect and Te Awhina Arahanga, Curator – Kaikoura Museum and Surviving
- Lynn Campbell, Getty Institute Guest Scholar – All that glistens may be bad for your collection.
- Panel discussion.
- Christchurch Art Gallery back of house tour of storage areas.
How do I sign up?
Contact Lynn Campbell or phone 0212167753.