Te Papa Pūrākau
Explore museum-related themes through play, games, storytelling, and song. Led by a friendly Te Papa Host, StoryPlace offers some of the best toddler-friendly activities in Wellington.
StoryPlace will be closed Mon 3–Fri 7 Jul while we get ready for our next programme 'Move and Groove'.
Current programme: Once Upon a Time
Explore the world of make believe. Learn about how stories are told, and become inspired by fantasy worlds. In this StoryPlace programme children discover new ways to be creative and expressive through stories, songs, play and craft activities.
This programme runs until Friday 30 June.
For children aged 12 months to 5 years. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Where: Our Host will meet you outside StoryPlace, Level 2. Please arrive promptly to avoid disappointment – unfortunately we can't accept late arrivals.
- Preschooler: $2
- Adult: $2
- Baby under 12 months: Free, but requires a ticket
- Group booking (maximum of 25 people): $45.
Time: Monday – Friday, year-round (excluding public holidays), 10:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm
Duration: 45 minutes
Prams and pushchairs
You can park your pram or pushchair in our free stroller park, just outside StoryPlace, for the duration of the session.
Scooters, bikes, and tricycles
Scooters, bikes, and tricycles are not permitted inside the museum – they can be parked outside at our bike rack, using your own lock.
For health and safety reasons we are unable to accept prams, pushchairs, scooters, bikes, or tricycles in Coat and Bag check-in.
StoryPlace tickets – Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for StoryPlace tickets:
- Your ticket(s) will be emailed to you after purchase. When you arrive for your session, please bring a printed copy of the email or present it on your smart device.
- StoryPlace sessions will start at the scheduled time. If you are late, you will not be refunded.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Refunds will be provided for a group booking if cancellation is made within 2 working days of the scheduled start time.
- Children must be accompanied and adequately supervised by a ticketed adult at all times.
- In the event that multiple copies of the ticket are presented, Te Papa may refuse entry to all ticket holders.
For enquiries regarding StoryPlace tickets, please contact StoryPlace@tepapa.govt.nz.