Personal information we collect
The Te Papa Foundation collects personal information from you, including your name, identity data such as your job title, contact details, information about your interactions with us, billing and donation information.
How we collect your personal information
We collect that personal information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us, make a donation, or register to attend an event. We may also collect personal information when you register as a supporter or volunteer for us or Te Papa, and/or when you volunteer your time for us or Te Papa. We rely on your consent as the basis for our use of your personal information. You can remove your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
How we use your personal information
The Te Papa Foundation collects your personal information:
- to contact you, including by email, to keep you updated with how your money has supported Te Papa, new opportunities to support the Te Papa Foundation and Te Papa, and other information you may be interested in relating to Te Papa and the Te Papa Foundation; and
- process any donations.
We share your personal information with Te Papa for the above purposes. It is with your help that Te Papa will remain the nation's waka huia treasure box for centuries to come.
How we store your personal information
We recognise the importance of your privacy which is why we keep your information safe by keeping it in secure storage with a trusted global provider and only allowing authorised parties to access it. We'll only store your information for 5 years from our last contact with you at which point we destroy it by securely erasing all digital data.
Online Payment Security
Donations made online are processed through the secure DPS Payment Express system. No credit card information is stored by us and DPS Payment Express is PCI compliant. Any payment made in error, or made for an incorrect amount will be refunded on receipt of a written request from the donor and evidence of the transaction, e.g. copy of bank or credit card statement.
Your rights with respect to your personal information
Wherever you are in the world you have the right to request access to your personal information held or controlled by us, and the right to request correction to that personal information.
If you are in the UK or Europe, you may have the following additional data protection rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- the right to request copies of your personal information, and we may charge a small fee for this service
- the right to request completion of information you believe is incomplete
- the right to request we erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information and the right to object to our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- the right to request that we transfer your personal information we have collected to another organisation or directly to you, in certain circumstances.
Write to us: Privacy, Te Papa Foundation, 55 Cable Street, Wellington 6011, New Zealand.
We collect cookies when you visit and navigate through our website. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that are put on your device as you use the internet. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies.
Changes to this statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time and we will update this web page where we do so.
If you are in the UK or Europe and you are unhappy with how we have used your data, please contact us. You can also complain to the ICO:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
This privacy notice was last updated on 7 September 2020.