How are we protecting our native wildlife? How can we make our rivers, lakes, and seas healthy again? How are innovative Kiwis tackling the challenges of climate change?
Turn on a torch and catch backyard pests in the act. Lift a hefty longfin tunatuna eel, and meet our many native freshwater ikaika fishes. Open the fridge – can you guess which bottles contain the cleanest natural waiwai water? Journey into the deep, and discover the bizarre creatures that survive there – even 7,500 metres down.
Be inspired by the stories of other Kiwis taking action for the environment, then learn how to hook up with a nature project near you.
- Climate Converter: Your physical actions leave a footprint on this spectacular, immersive space – help create a carbon-zero future.
- Colossal Squid: She’s back, and she’s the only complete specimen on display in the world.
- Eel Adventure: Steer a tunatuna eel across the Pacific and back to Aotearoa and back, overcoming challenges on the way.
- Seabird Capital: Get to know (and smell!) the locals – after all, we’re the seabird capital of the world.
- Albatross Pair: Encounter two of our most majestic specimens, and watch how they woo their mate.
- The Current: Add your voice and help solve our toughest nature challenges.