Alert Level 1
- Te Papa’s guided tours will operate without restrictions
- Visitors and guides are welcome to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at their discretion.
Should the New Zealand Government move the Wellington region to Covid-19 Alert Level 2, we will endeavour to facilitate your tour as safely as possible.
Should cancellation be due to Covid-19-related complications or government travel restrictions, we will transfer your booking to a future date or refund 100% of the tour. We will not be charging any transfer/cancellation fees.
Alert Level 2
- Te Papa’s guided tours will operate with some restrictions in place
- Visitors and guides are welcome to wear PPE at their discretion
- Te Papa will provide disposable face masks for participants who ask for one during their tour
- Participants must maintain a physical distance of one metre from people they do not know for the duration of the tour, including their guide
- For private tours, the group will be considered one bubble
- Travelling using elevators is limited to a single bubble or two people
- For contact tracing purposes only, Te Papa Hosts will ask visitors who purchase tours at the Information Desk for a form of contact (e.g. phone number or email address)
- Visitors who do not comply with these conditions will not be permitted to join/continue with the tour
- All tours will be stopped in the event the New Zealand Government announces a community case of Covid-19 in the Wellington region.
Alert Levels 3 and 4
- Te Papa will be closed to the public. All tours will be postponed or cancelled.
Te Papa’s health and safety guidelines for general visitation