Te Papa is open at Alert Level 2, with safety measures in place.
Please refer to this page before visiting Te Papa for the most up-to-date information.
What we need you to do when visiting Te Papa at Alert Level 2:
- Wear a mask. You legally must wear a face covering while inside the museum.
- Check in. You are required to check in. You can do this through the NZ COVID Tracer app or manually upon entry.
- Maintain physical distancing. You must stay two metres from other people, except for friends and family.
- Sanitise. Dispensers are located throughout the museum, and we’re also cleaning continually.
- Follow Covid-19 health measures. Stay home if you’re sick, cover coughs with your elbow, and wash your hands regularly.
Stay well Aotearoa and let’s look after each other.
Kia ora, kia kaha! Noho pai mai Aotearoa, ā, kia whakaaro tātou tētahi ki tē tahi.
There will be reduced numbers for Surrealist Art to allow for physical distancing. You may be required to queue for entry.
The Surrealist Art High Tea and Surrealist Art Tour and High Tea are happening at Alert Level 2.
StoryPlace is closed at Alert Level 2.
What to expect from guided tours at Alert Level 2
Education visits are on hold until Term 4.
Guide for educators planning a visit at Alert Level 2
Booking a venue
Te Papa Venues at Alert Level 2