After School Club: Advanced Game DesignHe Rōpū Whai Muri i te Kura: He Hoahoa Kēmu Whatutoto
- When Thu 10 Aug 2017, 3:45pm–Thu 28 Sep 2017, 5:15pm
Hīnātore | Learning Lab, Level 4
- Cost $200 (for 8 sessions)
Dates: Thursdays, 10 August – 28 September 2017
Cost: $200 (for 8 sessions)
Start learning skills for the computer game industry! Find out how to create your own game features and mechanics, discover creative coding solutions, and collaborate with your friends.
Suitable for intermediate to advanced game makers, ages 9 to 14. Contact us to discuss game makers outside of this age range who are keen to attend at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In these eight sessions you’ll:
- learn how to code features and mechanics from your favourite games
- invent new mini-games inspired by Te Papa’s collections
- collaboratively design, develop, and code a game – and you can work from home between sessions if you like
- use your friends as game testers and troubleshooters
- publish your game and share with friends and family.
This workshop is delivered in collaboration with Gamefroot, a resident of Te Papa's Mahuki innovation incubator.
There is a 20% early bird discount on bookings made before the end of the Term 2 School holidays (Offer expires on Friday 21 July). Use this discount code ASC T3 EB when booking via Shopify.
Bookings essential – sessions cannot be purchased separately. Your ticket(s) will be emailed to you upon purchase.