After School Club: Intro to game designHe Rōpū Whai muri Kura: He tīmatanga Hoahoa Kēmu
Kids workshop: discover your inner game developer in this 9-week after-school course at Hīnātore | Learning Lab.
- When Tue 14 Feb 2017, 3:45–5:15pm
Hīnātore | Learning Lab, Level 4
- Cost $225 (for a 9 week course)
3.45–5.15 Tuesdays, 14 Feb – 11 Apr 2017
Suitable for kids aged 9–14
Make your own rules. Design, develop, and code games in this fun 9-week after-school learning adventure.
It’s easy. For ages 9 to 14 (contact us to discuss game makers who are keen to attend outside this age range).
In your nine-week course you’ll:
- identify games you love and your favourite bits of Te Papa to inspire your new game concept
- design, develop, and code your game – you can work from home between sessions if you like
- learn collaboratively, using your fellow learners as game testers and troubleshooters
- publish your game to share it with friends and family.
No coding experience necessary. Just bring a sense of wonder, a love of stories, and a passion for puzzles.
This workshop is delivered in collaboration with Gamefroot, a resident of our Mahuki innovation incubator.
Bookings essential. Sessions cannot be purchased separately.