Holiday Learning Programme: Music-Making
Calling all musical inventors! Kids, come and explore sound & create instruments from recycled materials.
- When Fri 14 Jul 2017, 10:00am–3:00pm
Hīnātore | Learning Lab, Level 4
- Cost $58. Suitable for ages 6–12. BYO lunch. Some materials provided. Bring any junk that makes a sound.
You’ll also spend time looking around Te Papa to get inspired by our collections.
- Investigate the science of sound: sound waves, pitch and vibrations.
- Explore modern and traditional instruments, including Māori and Pacific instruments from Te Papa’s collections.
- Invent, design, and build your own analogue musical instruments from upcycled and found objects and other materials.
These sessions are open to all skill levels. If you came last term, you’ll find plenty more to discover this time round.
The flexible design of the programme allows you to come to one or both of these sessions.
Fri 14 & Wed 19 Jul 2017 (join one session or both)