Matariki is a time to celebrate reflection, renewal, and innovation and is the perfect time to develop your teaching professional practice.
The Ministry of Education expects all schools and kura to be teaching content from the Digital Technologies and Hangarau Matihiko learning area from January 2020.
Give yourself a head start by coming to our Matariki themed teacher workshops where we will:
- share our knowledge to help improve your cultural competency around Matariki
- help you find ways to explore Matariki using the best free digital tools we know
- prioritise hands-on experience using these tools
- unpack how using these tools meets DT|HM progress outcomes
- facilitate the workshop in English and te reo Māori in parallel.
By sharing how we pair digital technology and cultural competency in the museum, you will gain the tools to implement DT|HM in your classroom with the themes and contexts relevant to your students.