Splendour Evening: Tour and Drinks
Take a closer look at selected art works from European Splendour 1500–1800 with the curators, then join them for an informal discussion and drinks.
- When Thu 16 Feb 2017, 6:30–8:00pm
Espresso, Level 4, and Ngā Toi | Arts Te Papa, Level 5
- Cost Public $20, Friends of Te Papa $15 (includes drink and refreshments)
Friends of Te Papa – please book through the Friends website.
Explore the stories behind some of the fascinating pieces on display in European Splendour 1500–1800. Curators Justine Olsen and Mark Stocker take you up to the gallery to look at works including:
· the Orphrey crucifix, a magnificent medieval embroidered cross
· a Wedgwood anti-slavery medallion
· an exquisitely framed copy of Raphael’s Madonna della sedia
· intricate 18th century lace.
You then have free time to contemplate the works.
Back at Espresso cafe, we break into groups and discuss the works book-club style. Mark and Justine provide conversation starters as we indulge in a glass of wine and finger food.
- All welcome – no knowledge of art or the exhibition needed.
- Bookings essential.
- Meet at Te Papa’s entrance, Level 1.