“We both come from big Greek families, so it was important to us to find a venue to share the memories of our wedding reception with people that have been with us for all our lives – there is no venue big enough that was able to fit 240 people – so the Amokura room was perfect.
“It was also amazing! Te Papa has its own catering as well as connections with other known vendors in Wellington to help make the reception a night to remember for all of us.”
– Melpo Toulis
“Both sides of our families and guests truly enjoyed the evening, especially my parents since this was their first-ever experience of visiting New Zealand and being part of a Western wedding reception held in a museum, not to mention, the national museum of the country.
“Having the reception at Te Marae was surreal for us too, as we both had our wedding planned around our Chinese culture. Hence, the evening was symbolic and represented the multiple layers of values and lifestyles in both of our lives that have led us to that special evening.”
– Suet Yet Tam
We are able to run weddings from December to April. Our packages are for a minimum of 50 people and include GST.
Classic Wedding Package – $110 per guest
This package includes:
- choice of venue
- one drink per guest on arrival
- four bottles of wine per table of 10 people
- a three-course set menu
- service staff
- staffing and setup requirements for the layout of your reception and/or ceremony
- clean up of the venue.
Deluxe Wedding Package – $145 per guest
Enjoy all the elements of our Classic Wedding Package, plus:
- a selection of canapes on arrival for one hour
- a choice of mains for your guests or a banquet/buffet
Also included in both packages:
- a dedicated wedding planner
- free car parking is available for up to four cars
- white dressed bridal table
- 5-metre x 5-metre dance floor
- microphone and PA system
- white-skirted cake table and silver cake knife
- full-length white oval tablecloths
- white linen napkins
- crockery, cutlery, and glassware
- printed menus
- a beautiful backdrop for stunning photo opportunities throughout Te Papa (please note that some areas of the museum cannot be photographed due to cultural or copyright reasons).
Other details to note
- No BYO beverages available
- Catering can only be provided by Te Papa
- Arrival drinks and wine on the table must be picked from Te Papa’s house selection
- Offers are valid until Mar 2021.
Enquire or book your wedding
If you’d like to make an appointment to visit Te Papa, we can arrange a dedicated wedding coordinator to show you the venue spaces.
To enquire, please fill out our online form or phone +64 (04) 381 7272.