Elegant wedding venue packages, stunning photo opportunities, and excellent service.
- Classic Wedding Package, $99 per guest
- Deluxe Wedding Package, $135 per guest
- Wedding venues
- Contact us and bookings
Our dedicated and experienced team make wedding planning easy, from helping you pick the perfect location to planning those little details that make all the difference.
At your wedding reception, you can relax while we welcome your guests with a drink, serve a delicious three-course meal, and run everything smoothly, right up until the last dancers leave the floor.
- Full-length white oval tablecloth
- White linen napkins
- Crockery, cutlery, and glassware
- One drink on arrival
- Four bottles of wine per table of 10 people
- Three-course set menu
- Printed menus
- Photo opportunities throughout Te Papa*
- Wedding gift register at Te Papa Store
- Complimentary car-parking voucher for the bridal party**
- 5m x 5m dance floor
- Microphone and PA system
- White-skirted cake table and silver cake knife
- White dressed bridal table
- Enhanced package
Deluxe Wedding Package, $135 per guest
- Personalised table themes
Add one of two table themes, accented to match your individual wedding colour.
Options are available on request.
- Menu options
Our Executive Chef can create additional entrée, main and dessert options upon request.
Beverage package options are available on request.
- Pricing is based on a minimum of 50 guests. Prices include GST.
- Bookings are available from December to March only.
- No BYO beverage available.
- Arrival drinks and wine on table are from Te Papa’s house selection.
- All wait staff are included with the venue.
- Offers are valid till 31 March 2017.
* Photographs may not be taken in restricted areas of the museum.
** Free car parking is available for up to four cars.
Enjoy all the elements of our Classic Wedding Package, plus:
- a selection of canapés on arrival, for one hour
- a choice of mains for your guests.
Select the ideal space for your wedding ceremony, photos, and reception – indoor or outdoor, intimate or grand, all spectacular.
- Wonderful natural light
- Private balcony
- Elegant, contemporary, and versatile
- Theatrical space with great lighting and stage
- Excellent green-room facilities
- Magnificent views over Wellington
Wellington Foyer | Taiwhanga o Pōneke
- Grand, elegant, and spacious
- Beautiful view over Wellington
Bush City and lagoon
- Wonderful photo opportunities
- Outdoor wedding ceremony location
- Yours exclusively outside museum opening hours
- Waterfall and amphitheatre
Make a booking or enquiry. We’re happy to discuss options with you.
Phone: +64 (0)4 381 7272