Virtual ExcursionsNgā hāereere Mariko
Can’t make it to Te Papa? Book a personalised virtual tour with one of our educators. It’s the next best thing to being here.
- Education type Education visit
- Duration 60 minutes
- Suitable for Years 3–13
- Cost $50 per session
The education programme
Your learners will:
- connect with one of our friendly and knowledgeable educators, using Google Hangouts to explore a real Te Papa exhibition without leaving the classroom
- talk directly with the educator as they walk through the space with a stedicam
- ask questions, request close-ups, and influence the tour’s focus
- discover incredible taongataonga treasures and their stories as though you were here with them.
This programme is available from 7 March, 2017.
Sessions begin at 9am Monday–Friday, before the museum opens to the public. Booking is essential.
Choose one of the following long-term exhibitions to explore:
- Mountains to Sea – natural environment topics
- Mana Whenua – Māori culture topics
- Tangata o le Moana: The story of Pacific people in New Zealand – Pacific cultures topics
- Awesome Forces – geology and landscape topics
You will need:
- a computer with a webcam and microphone
- a Google account so you can set up a Google Hangout.
To make a booking or discuss your visit options contact:
Phone: (04) 381 7443