Virtual ExcursionsNgā hāereere Mariko
Can’t make it to Te Papa? Book a personalised virtual tour with one of our educators. It’s the next best thing to being here.
- Education type Education visit
- Duration 60 minutes
- Suitable for Years 3–13
- Cost $50 per session
The education programme
Your learners will:
- connect with one of our friendly and knowledgeable educators, using Google Hangouts to explore a real Te Papa exhibition without leaving the classroom
- talk directly with the educator as they walk through the space with a stedicam
- ask questions, request close-ups, and influence the tour’s focus
- discover incredible taongataonga treasures and their stories as though you were here with them.
Sessions begin at 9am Monday–Friday, before the museum opens to the public. Booking is essential.
Choose one of the following long-term exhibitions to explore:
- Mountains to Sea – natural environment topics
- Mana Whenua – Māori culture topics
- Tangata o le Moana: The story of Pacific people in New Zealand – Pacific cultures topics
- Awesome Forces – geology and landscape topics
- Gallipoli: The Scale of Our War – WW1
You will need:
- a computer with a webcam and microphone
- a Google account so you can set up a Google Hangout.
To make a booking or discuss your visit options contact:
Phone: (04) 381 7443