Help guide for job candidates
He āwhina i ngā kaitono tūranga mahi
Questions about applying for jobs at Te Papa through our Jobs Centre? Find information to help make your application process easier.
On this page:
Searching for jobs in Te Papa’s Jobs Centre
What to include in your job application
Forgotten username and/or password
Uploading a CV
After you’ve applied for a job
Receive job alerts
Length of time jobs are advertised
New Zealand work visa requirements
To find a job at Te Papa:
- go to the Jobs Centre
- see ‘Most recent jobs’ or click ‘All Jobs’ in the dark grey band near the top of the page
If there are no current vacancies that match your skills register your details by creating a profile for yourself and attaching your CV. Click on ‘Register’ on the top right. Once you have registered click on ‘My Profile’ to add preferred position types, your CV, previous areas of work etc. You details will be stored in our Jobs Centre database. You can choose to be emailed when a vacancy occurs that matches your preferences my editing your details under ‘Job Alerts’.
When you apply for a Te Papa vacancy, you must:
- complete all the required fields in the application form
- attach a copy of your CV and cover letter
- complete any questionnaires attached to the job application.
If you have forgotten your Jobs Centre username and/or password:
- select ‘Login’ on the top right
- fill in your email and click ‘Forgotten your password?’
- your username and password will be emailed to that address.
Your CV should be in Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx) or PDF format and no larger than 3MB.
If you’re unable to attach a CV to your profile in the Jobs Centre:
- complete your profile and apply for the vacancy you’re interested in, without attaching a CV
- send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your name and the position you are applying for
- a member of Te Papa’s Human Resources Team will then upload your CV and attach it to your application.
After you have submitted your online application:
- you should receive an acknowledgement email confirming that we have received your application
- a recruitment panel will assess your skills and experience in relation to the requirements of the position.
You will hear back from Te Papa within two weeks of the closing date for the position. If the recruitment process takes longer than this, we will aim to let you know.
After shortlisting has been completed, a member of the recruitment panel for the position will contact you via email or phone to advise you about the outcome of your application.
To receive alerts when new vacancies are added to the Jobs Centre:
- register on our Jobs Centre
- log in to your Jobs Centre account and click on ‘Jobs Alert’
- select the specific criteria for the types of roles you are interested in.
Vacancies are usually advertised on the Jobs Centre for a minimum of one week. Most of our vacancies are posted for two weeks, but some may stay open until the position is filled. If the closing date is open-ended, we will state this in the advertisement for that particular role.
Anyone who is legally entitled to work in New Zealand can apply for our vacancies. For certain vacancies, if you currently do not have the legal right to work in New Zealand, you may receive an email advising you that your application will not be considered.
If you have any questions about applying for jobs at Te Papa, contact our Human Resources Team.
If you have applied for a job and have not heard back from Te Papa regarding the status of your application, please include your name and the position you applied for.