On this page:
Why work at Te Papa?
Searching for jobs in Te Papa’s Jobs Centre
What to include in your job application
Forgotten username and/or password
Uploading a CV
After you’ve applied for a job
Receive job alerts
Length of time jobs are advertised
New Zealand work visa requirements
Gender and ethnic pay gaps
E huri ngākau ana. E huri whakaaro ana. E huri oranga ana.
Changing hearts. Changing minds. Changing lives.
To understand the past, enrich the present and meet the challenges of the future.
- Tai Tamariki Kindergarten onsite with priority waitlist for Te Papa staff (operates 8am – 6pm), with the Ministry of Education benefit of free 20 hours’ ECE for all children from ages 1–5 years
- Free entry to paid exhibitions for staff members
- Subsidised car-parking on-site: $10 per day (more during school holidays)
- Staff discounts in the Te Papa stores and cafes: 10% in the cafes and 20% in the retail stores
- Visual/eye examination subsidies and reimbursements
- Employee assistance programme through EAP services
- Health insurance group discount scheme with Southern Cross
- Free flu vaccinations each year
- On-site massages every fortnight
- 10% discount at Dragons Chinese Restaurant
- A secure bike cage facility at Cable St and bike stands at Tory St are available for staff who wish to cycle for commuting or regular exercise.
- Waiata group: sessions are generally held each Thursday
- Attend pōwhiri/blessings
- Te Papa runs several tours throughout the day that staff are welcome to join
- Social Club events and gatherings.
To find a job at Te Papa:
- Go to the Jobs Centre
- See ‘Most recent jobs’ or click ‘All Jobs’ in the dark grey band near the top of the page.
If there are no current vacancies that match your skills, register your details by creating a profile for yourself and attaching your CV. Click on ‘Register’ on the top right. Once you have registered click on ‘My Profile’ to add preferred position types, your CV, previous areas of work etc. Your details will be stored in our Jobs Centre database. You can choose to be emailed when a vacancy occurs that matches your preferences by editing your details under ‘Job Alerts’.
When you apply for a Te Papa vacancy, you must:
- Complete all the required fields in the application form
- Attach a copy of your CV and cover letter
- Complete any questionnaires attached to the job application.
If you have forgotten your Jobs Centre username and/or password:
- Select ‘Login’ on the top right
- Fill in your email and click ‘Forgotten your password?’
- Your username and password will be emailed to that address.
Your CV should be in Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx) or PDF format and no larger than 3MB.
If you’re unable to attach a CV to your profile in the Jobs Centre:
- Complete your profile and apply for the vacancy you’re interested in, without attaching a CV
- Send your CV to email@example.com, stating your name and the position you are applying for
- A member of Te Papa’s Human Resources Team will then upload your CV and attach it to your application.
After you have submitted your online application:
- You should receive an acknowledgement email confirming that we have received your application
- A recruitment panel will assess your skills and experience in relation to the requirements of the position.
You will hear back from Te Papa within two weeks of the closing date for the position. If the recruitment process takes longer than this, we will let you know.
After shortlisting has been completed, the hiring manager or their representative will contact you via email or phone to advise you about the outcome of your application.
To receive alerts when new vacancies are added to the Jobs Centre:
- Register on our Jobs Centre
- Log in to your Jobs Centre account and click on ‘Jobs Alert’
- Select the specific criteria for the types of roles you are interested in.
Vacancies are usually advertised on the Jobs Centre for a minimum of one week. Most of our vacancies are posted for two weeks, but some may stay open until the position is filled. If the closing date is open-ended, we will state this in the advertisement for that particular role.
Anyone who is legally entitled to work in New Zealand can apply for our vacancies. For certain vacancies, if you currently do not have the legal right to work in New Zealand, you may receive an email advising you that your application will not be considered further.
Gender pay gaps
|Gender pay gaps
|All Mgmt levels
 Te Papa has a casual workforce of 235. Excluding casuals from the gender pay median results in a gender pay gap of 1.34% for 2021. Over-representation of women in occupational groups that are lower paid (e.g. hospitality) is the primary cause for the high gender pay gap.
 This gender pay gap is a positive reflection of recent internal appointments into first management roles.
Ethnic pay gaps
||Perm/Fixed Term only
 High Pacific and Asian pay gaps are due to an uneven spread of Pacific and Asian people across all occupations within Te Papa. For example, we have representation of Pasifika staff in such roles as Curatorial or Hospitality and limited in Senior Management and we have representation of Asian staff in such roles as Chefs or Visitor Services and limited in Senior Management. The ethic pay gap is an identified area within the Strategic Workforce Action plan. Recent progress within promotion of Māori into more senior roles has demonstrated a positive result for Māori pay gap and shows we can make these changes.
If you have any questions about applying for jobs at Te Papa, contact our Human Resources Team.
If you have applied for a job and have not heard back from Te Papa regarding the status of your application, please include your name and the position you applied for.