World War I teaching resourceTe Pakanga Tuatahi o Te Ao
Use material from Gallipoli: The scale of our war to explore World War I themes with students.
- Education type Education resource
- Suitable for Year levels 5-13
Use rich material from Gallipoli: The scale of our war to explore World War I themes with school students.
This material focuses on the experiences of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (Anzacs) on the Gallipoli Peninsula, Turkey.
Gallipoli: The scale of our war exhibition visits are encouraged but not required.
The resource includes:
- text from the exhibition, including personal accounts from soldiers
- learning activities to prompt discussion
- extension activities that connect with the Te Papa exhibition Slice of Heaven: 20th Century Aotearoa, which explores further aspects of the First World War.
Online research zone
Students studying WWI can access a huge range of content on Te Papa’s websites. Digital resources include WWI posters, soldiers’ diary entries, and objects that can be used as primary sources of information.
See Te Papa’s objects from WW1 and explore their stories on Collections Online.
WW1 objects on Collections Online
Learn about WW1 objects from New Zealand museum collections on All That Remains.
WW1 objects on All That Remains
Watch videos about the First World War on Tales from Te Papa.
WW1 videos on Tales from Te Papa
View WW1 videos and slideshows on the Te Papa Channel.
WW1 multimedia on the Te Papa Channel