Use our Professional Development Grant to access museum or gallery training programmes – local or international – with long-term benefits for you, your organisation, and the sector.
Maximum funding request: $1,000 excluding GST
Your organisation must represent a legally constituted, non-profit organisation such as an incorporated society or a charitable trust. If your organisation does not hold legal status, you may work with a legally constituted umbrella organisation to apply.
Your organisation can make one application per financial year (1 July – 30 June).
Funding can support:
- travel and registration costs associated with museum or gallery-specific professional development opportunities offered in New Zealand or overseas, for example, National Services Te Paerangi workshops, ICOM conferences, Museum Association and related conferences and training opportunities, short courses on museum-related topics.
Funding cannot support:
- miscellaneous expenses such as accommodation costs during the course of the training programme
- travel and registration costs associated with professional development that is not museum or gallery-specific
- travel insurance.
Sharing your new knowledge
On application, you must provide information about how your training opportunity will be shared with and/or benefit the sector.
For example, you could:
- deliver a presentation to regional museum staff
- write a blog post either for, or to be shared with, the NZMuseums website
- write a paper
- create a resource
- deliver a workshop.
How to apply
Please apply at least two months before your intended professional development commences. We consider applications at any time but operate on a first come, first served basis and can support only five Professional Development Grants each financial year (1 July – 30 June).
Apply by 30 April if you wish to receive a grant in the same financial year.
Download and complete the application form below, then send it to: email@example.com
We will contact you with the outcome of your application within 15 working days of receipt. All decisions made by our assessment panel are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Phone: 0508 678 743
Payment of an approved grant
If your grant is approved you will be sent invoicing instructions, including a purchase order number, to enable your organisation to uplift the funds. The invoice must be from your organisation as we are unable to pay suppliers directly.
Once you have purchase the items it is important that you send us copies of the relevant receipts or invoices for us to keep on file.
Standard Te Papa terms are payment 20th of the month following the invoice date.
As a grant recipient, you are required to acknowledge the support received from National Services Te Paerangi, for example, in your organisation’s newsletter or website. We can provide a logo and usage guidelines.