Professional Development Grant
Access museum or gallery training programmes – local or international.
The Professional Development Grant allocation for the current year is depleted. This grant will be available again from July 2017 – please check back then.
Use our Professional Development Grant to access museum or gallery training programmes – local or international – with long-term benefits for you, your organisation, and the sector.
Maximum funding request: $1,000 excluding GST
Your organisation must represent a legally constituted, non-profit organisation such as an incorporated society or a charitable trust. If your organisation does not hold legal status, you may work with a legally constituted umbrella organisation to apply.
Your organisation can make one application per financial year (1 July – 30 June).
Funding can support:
- travel and registration costs associated with museum or gallery-specific professional development opportunities offered in New Zealand or overseas, for example, National Services Te Paerangi workshops, ICOM conferences, Museum Association and related conferences and training opportunities, short courses on museum-related topics.
Funding cannot support:
- miscellaneous expenses such as accommodation costs during the course of the training programme
- travel and registration costs associated with professional development that is not museum or gallery-specific
- travel insurance.
Sharing your new knowledge
On application, you must provide information about how your training opportunity will be shared with and/or benefit the sector.
For example, you could:
- deliver a presentation to regional museum staff
- write a blog post either for, or to be shared with, the NZMuseums website
- write a paper
- create a resource
- deliver a workshop.
How to apply
Please apply at least two months before your intended professional development commences. We consider applications at any time but operate on a first come, first served basis and can support only five Professional Development Grants each financial year (1 July – 30 June).
Apply by 30 April if you wish to receive a grant in the same financial year.
Download and complete the application form below, then send it to:
Professional Development Grant
National Services Te Paerangi
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
PO Box 467
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact you with the outcome of your application within 15 working days of receipt. All decisions made by our assessment panel are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Phone: 0508 678 743
Payment of an approved grant
Approved Professional Development Grant funds can only be paid to your organisation once final costs have been confirmed.
Please provide National Services Te Paerangi with your invoice, accompanied by supporting receipts from suppliers. We require an invoice from your organisation and are unable to pay suppliers directly.
As a grant recipient, you are required to acknowledge the support received from National Services Te Paerangi, for example, in your organisation’s newsletter or website. We can provide a logo and usage guidelines.