*Flood Relief Emergency Helping Hands Grants are available to museums, galleries, iwi, hapū and whānau caring for taonga affected by heavy rainfall.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance on how to apply.
Maximum funding request: $2,000 including GST
We welcome applications from museums and galleries, iwi, hapū and whānau caring for taonga.
You must represent a legally constituted non-profit organisation, such as an incorporated society, charitable trust or iwi authority.
Metropolitan museums are not eligible to apply.
You can make one application per financial year (1 July – 30 June).
Funding can support:
- conservation materials (e.g. gloves, acid-free boxes)
- equipment or capital items (dehumidifiers, photocopiers, computers, etc.)
- professional advice on a range of museum matters (e.g. exhibition design, interpretation, conservation advice), but cannot be used to pay salaries
- solutions to address issues raised when undertaking the New Zealand Museums Standards Scheme (e.g. collection care improvements)
- the services of tradespeople (e.g. lighting experts, plumbers, builders)
- rental agreements (e.g. for dehumidifiers, monitors)
- the development of marketing materials (e.g. for brochures)
- pest extermination or fumigation
- construction materials (e.g. paint, wood, tools)
- office equipment repairs
- operational expenses e.g bills, rent or lease payments
Funding cannot support:
- national and international travel for professional development (see our Travel Subsidy Grant and Professional Development Grant instead)
- salaried staff
- items that have already been purchased
- items for projects that have already been completed
- items for projects that do not adhere to current museum best practice.
How to apply
Download and complete the application form below, then send it with your supporting documentation by email to: NSTPGrants@tepapa.govt.nz
Apply by 5 May if you wish to receive a grant in the same financial year.
We will contact you with the outcome of your application within 20 working days of receipt. All decisions made by our assessment panel are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Phone: 0508 678 743
Payment of an approved grant
If your grant is approved you will be sent invoicing instructions, including a purchase order number, to enable your organisation to uplift the funds. The invoice must be from your organisation as we are unable to pay suppliers directly.
When your funding is expended, it is important that you send copies of all relevant receipts or invoices to NSTPGrants@tepapa.govt.nz for filing.
Standard Te Papa terms are payment 20th of the month following the invoice date.
As a grant recipient, you are required to acknowledge the support received from National Services Te Paerangi, for example, in your organisation’s newsletter or website. We can provide a logo and usage guidelines.
Any publicity materials directly funded by a Helping Hands Grant must acknowledge National Services Te Paerangi. The acknowledgement must be viewed and approved by us before the materials are made public.