Contact our experts with a request for specimens to use in your research.
1. Plan ahead
Send your request at least one month before you require the material.
2. Prepare your documents
You will need:
- a list of the specimens required
- a brief description of your research project
- details of your organisation, including a contact person
- a DNA sampling application form, if required
- a letter of support from your supervisor if you are a postgraduate student.
3. Contact the relevant expert
Send your documented request to the relevant curator or collection manager at Te Papa.
If you have questions about research loans, contact:
Jennifer Dalen, Registrar Science and Humanities Collections
Phone: +64 (0)4 381 7304