The education programme
Your learners will:
- connect with one of our friendly and knowledgeable educators, using Zoom, to explore a real Te Papa exhibition without leaving the classroom
- talk directly with the educator as they walk through the space with a stedicam
- ask questions, request close-ups, and influence the tour’s focus
- discover incredible taongataonga treasures and their stories as though you were here with them.
Sessions begin at 9am Monday–Friday, before the museum opens to the public. Booking is essential.
We recommend a group size of 30 students for all virtual excursions.
Choose one of the following areas to explore:
- Matauranga Māori – Māori culture topics
- Te Taiao | Nature – Natural environment
- Tangata o le Moana: The story of Pacific people in New Zealand – Pacific cultures topics
- Gallipoli: The Scale of Our War – WW1
- Explore Te Papa – Bespoke exploration of whatever you would like to see in the museum
- Toi Art – Current exhibitions
- Tuia 250: Encounter and Impact
You will need:
- a computer with a webcam and microphone