Sāmoan Language Week resourceVaiaso o le Gagana Sāmoa
Practise Sāmoan words and phrases, and explore the Sāmoan culture for Sāmoan Language Week.
- Learning areas and strands Social Sciences, Arts, Learning Languages
- Education type Education resource
- Suitable for Sāmoan and non-Sāmoan speakers of all ages
- Te Whāriki Belonging | Mana Whenua, Communication | Mana Reo
Use this year’s theme to celebrate Sāmoan Language Week:
E felelei manu, ae ma’au i o latou ofaga | Birds migrate to environments where they survive and thrive
The resource includes:
- an exploration of the theme, which relates to identity, environments, diversity, and sustainability
- Gagana Sāmoa pronunciation support and access to helpful words and phrases
- activity ideas, and tala (story) and pese (song) resources
- details of how to take part in a nation-wide initiative to recognise Gagana Sāmoa Champions (Sāmoan Language Champions).
This education resource was co-created by Te Papa and the Ministry for Pacific Peoples.