What massive pressures lift Aotearoa New Zealand’s mountains, and trigger our volcanoes and earthquakes? How are we getting active in response to our active land?
Follow the path of volcanoes down the North Island – blazed by two fire taniwhataniwha guardians . Discover the creative gifts of Rūaumoko: tā mokotā moko tattooing and tāniko weaving.
Hear people remembering the recent Canterbury quakes, and share your response.
- Quake House: It’s back to give you a shake-up, so get ready to drop, cover, hold.
- Tsunami Tank: Trigger a tsunami in a wave tank and watch its effects.
- Erupt a Volcano: Crank up the pressure and cause an eruption.
- Taupō Super-volcano: See an animation of the most ferocious super-volcano in the world, creator of Lake Taupō.
- Canterbury Resilience: Videos and an original chalkboard show how the community shared their feelings after the quakes.