Annual Reports and key documents
Te pūrongo ā-tau me ētahi pepa matua
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa Act 1992
- Statement of Intent
- Statement of Performance Expectations
- Annual Report
- Te Papa Chief Executive and Kaihautū expenses disclosure
- Briefing to the Incoming Minister
Te Papa is an autonomous Crown entity that operates under the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa Act 1992.
The Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa Act 1992 establishes our purpose:
Te Papa is a forum for the nation to present, explore, and preserve the heritage of its cultures and knowledge of the natural environment in order to:
- better understand and treasure the past
- enrich the present and
- meet the challenges of the future.
The Act also sets out our functions and operating rules.
Our Statement of Intent promotes public accountability.
The Statement of Intent reflects:
- our legal responsibilities and operating framework, including functions and vision
- our strategic intentions and objectives for the next four years
- how we will manage our organisational health and capability and improve our performance.
Our Statement of Performance Expectations sets out our planned outputs for each financial year.
The Statement of Performance Expectations sets out:
- our goals and proposed performance targets for the next year
- our forecast financial information.
Our Annual Report measures our performance against our Statement of Performance Expectations.
The Annual Report presents:
- statements from management and an overview of the year’s highlights
- our operating framework, including our concept, corporate principles, and functions
- information on our governance and accountability
- our organisational structure
- our statement of service performance
- financial statements.